Generally, the IP address of a device is 192.168.1.254 which is regarded as a private IP address. Whenever people buy a new router or modem, it comes with a default username and password. These particular login credentials help the users to protect their internet from irrelevant connections. Unfortunately, if you forget the router password then, it becomes quite challenging to find it out.
Without the router login id credentials, it is truly difficult to access the Wi-Fi connection on any of your devices. However, you don’t have to worry at all. We are here to help you in resolving the router and Wi-Fi issues with much ease.
There are multiple solutions for a problem like changing the password. In fact, the codes of IP address and completely private. The IP address 192.168.1.254 is only used for the IPv4 address. There is no provision for using this code for the IPv6 address. The IP address can be used as a factory default IP address on a huge number of cables, wireless data cables, and routers.
Using the IP address, one can easily acquire access to the router. Some routers are compatible with two different IP addresses like 192.168.1.1 and 192.168.1.254. There is a slight difference between these addresses i.e., the last 3 digits. 192.168.1.254 IP address is commonly used on the contemporary routers like Linksys, TP-Link routers, ADSL routers and other modems.
If you face any issues in accessing the internet using the default IP address then, there is a possibility to reset and change the router IP address. In this article, we have included the detailed in-depth guide to reset and change the router username, password, and the Router IP address. Check it out!
IP Address 192.168.1.254 code
Most often, people at home or the workplaces make use of the routers and modems with an IP address as 192.168.1.1. In some cases, this IP address code doesn’t work. In such a situation, you can enter the IP address as 192.168.1.254. This particular IP address code assists the users to access the router on new devices. 192.168.1.254 allows the users to access the default IP address settings. This will eventually fix the default Router IP address issue.
Default Usernames and Passwords
|Aztech||“admin”, “user”, or blank||“admin”, “user”, or blank|
|Billion||“admin” or “admin”||“admin” or “password”|
|Motorola||“admin” or blank||“password”, “motorola”, “admin”, “router”, or blank|
|Netopia||“admin”||“1234”, “admin”, “password” or blank|
|Thomson||blank||“admin” or “password”|
|Westell||“admin” or blank||“password”, “admin”, or blank|
Which Brand Routers use 192.168.1.254 IP Address?
Here is a list of some of the popular brands that make use of the IP address 192.168.1.254. Some of them include the following:
- 3Com Routers/Modems
- Netopia / Cayman Gateways
- Westell DSL Modems (US ONLY)
- Billion Routers/Modems
- Some Linksys Routers/Modems
Find Router IP
If the IP address of your router is different from the IP address 192.168.1.254 then, you can easily refer the respective manual of the router to know the default login details. Along with the login credentials, the users can even get to know some of the crucial instructions on the process of handling the router on your device.
Once you have found the default password of your router then, you can easily connect to the interface as an administrator. For every router user, it is a precise way to alter their default router’s password to a highly protective password. As we all know, the default password allocated to a router will be pretty simple and easy to remember.
On the other hand, the typical or the complex password that you reset to your router might be extremely difficult to memorize. As a suggestion, the users can easily handle their passwords for different elements with the help of a password manager. We have come up with a detailed guide on how to find the router’s IP address in this post.
How to Reset and Change Router Username and Password?
In this post, we have included the simple ways to reset your router and change the router admin password with much ease.
- If you are unable to access the router’s setup page or forgot the router password then, you need to follow this guide.
- Try to reset the router to the default factory settings. In order to do so, you need to press and hold the Reset button for about 10 seconds.
- The default username for a router can be simply left empty.
- Ensure that the power LED to the router is blinking soon after pressing the Reset button.
- The Reset procedure time depends on the model of the router.
- Once you are done with the Reset process, you need to unplug and re-plug the power adapter of the router.
Reset Router via Web Page Setup
- First of all, you need to navigate to the setup page. Hit the Administration tab >> Factory Defaults displayed on the screen.
- In the Factory Defaults section, you need to tap the button that says ‘Restore Factory Defaults’.
- After finishing the router reset to the default settings, you must reconfigure the device based on the internet connection.
Check User Manual to Reset Router Username & Password
Another best solution for resetting the username and the password of a router is to check the user manual of the router. On the user manual, you can view the IP address, username and the password. By default, the IP address of a router is 192.168.1.254. It differs in some cases. Enter the default IP address in the search field of the browser. Next, enter the default username and password that lets you change the credentials for router login process.
TCP Software to Find IP Address
If the router’s user manual didn’t come with the default IP address, you need to access the command prompt. For that, you need to enter config in the search field. On the Command Prompt window, you can check the IP address beneath the ‘Default Gateway’ command. In order to run the command on Windows device, you must press and hold the Windows + R keys. If you are working on Linux device, press Ctrl + Alt + T keys. On Mac OS device, you must navigate to Applications >> Utilities >> Terminal. You can then enter ‘ipconfig’ and hit ‘Return’ option. The default IP address displays on the screen. You can then reset it.
How to Change Router Password?
The default password for a router is admin and the username must be left blank. For security concern, the default password of the router must be changed to some strongest password. In order to change the router password through web-based setup page, you need to follow the below steps:
- First of all, access the setup page of the router.
- Hit the Administration tab.
- From the Management section, you need to enter the new password in the fields of Router Password and Re-Enter to Confirm.
- Lastly, you need to tap into ‘Save Settings’ option.
- That’s it! This is the simple way to reset and change the Router Password.
How to Change IP Address of a Router?
If you feel difficulty in changing the username and the password of the router, you can just change the IP address of the router. Wondering whether it is possible or not? It is possible to change the IP address of a router. As mentioned previously, the IP address codes are private and it is only intended for the IPv4 address. The default IP address 192.168.1.254 can be changed if required.
For that, you need to read all the instructions present on the router. Almost all the routers require login credentials so as to access the web control panel. For that, you need to type the IP address of the router in the browser window. Navigate to the LAN settings and change the IP address based on your preference. You need to head to the DHCP Settings and enter the new UP address.
How to Configure Routers via 192.168.l.254 IP Address?
- Initially, open your default Internet Explorer browser.
- In the address bar, type as 192.168.1.254 or http //192.168.l.254.
- A new web page appears on the screen wherein you must enter the default username and password. You can find it from the Default Password List.
- Hit Enter and pick Advanced Setup option from the menu.
- From the box, you can tap on the Internet Service Provider [ISP] name.
- Based on your requirement, select either the Bridge Mode or PPPOE.
- You can then furnish the login credentials offered by your ISP.
- Save and then Reboot the modem.
How to Setup WEP/WPA Security Key with 192.168.1.254 IP Address?
- Firstly, open the default browser and enter 192.168.l.254 in the address bar of the browser.
- A new dialog box of the admin will display on the screen wherein you must enter the username and password.
- Navigate to Menu displayed on the left side corner of the page.
- You must choose Security option from the list of options on the left side menu.
- Provide a powerful security key for your router in the empty space.
- You can then save and restart your router for acquiring precise network signals.
192.168.1.254 Bridge Mode
- Open the default web browser and provide 192.168.1.254 in the URL address bar.
- After landing on the required web page, you need to hit the option that says ‘Advanced Setup’.
- You can then select the option of bridge mode.
- Enter the username and the password which was already given by the ISP for the 192.168.1.254 IP address.
- Save and reboot the router in a few moments.
- You can then open the router web page using the same IP address and check whether the internet connection and speed is working precisely or not.
That’s all! This is the easy process to change the default router IP address, username, and password. This is everything you need to know about 192.168.l.254 IP Address that plays a significant role in the network.