Linksys is one of the well-known and reputed manufacturers across the world. It designs and manufactures various Linksys routers for providing the best access to the internet for home based as well as the businesses. After purchasing a new Linksys router, it comes with a default password. The admins need to provide these default credentials in order to set up the router.
In general, the different versions of Linksys WRT54G router comes with a default password as admin. The default password for this version of Linksys router is case sensitive. Similar to the default password, the Linksys WRT54G router has a default IP address which is a gateway to the internet access. Using this IP address, one can easily access various settings and options of the router.
You don’t find a default username for the Linksys WRT54G router. At the time of entering the default password and the router username in the fields, you must provide the password as admin. In the next field, the username must be left empty. This will imply various versions of Linksys WRT54G router. It will eventually grant complete access to the administrator to use the internet through the router.
In this post, we have provided the complete information about the default password of Linksys WRT54G Router. Learn how to access the router when you don’t remember the changed password of the router. Check it out!
Also Check : 192.168.1.254 Login ID & Password
What if the Linksys WRT54G Default Password Don’t Work?
In some cases, you might change the default password to your preferred password for the Linksys WRT54G router. In such a case, the default password as admin might not function. You can’t even back up the password or any other alternative. All you can do is to reset the Linksys WRT54G router to the factory default settings.
The reset procedure will restore required configurations back to the way when the router was originally purchased. The restoration also includes the password so that the users can use the default password once again. Follow the simple steps provided below to reset a Linksys WRT54G router:
- First of all, turn the router towards the back so as to access it from that side.
- You need to press and hold the reset button on the router. For that, you can make use of a pen or tiny object for pointing well. Later, you can release the reset button after holding it for a half minute.
- You must remove the router from the socket for a few moments and then re-plug it.
- Just wait a minute so that you are rendering adequate time for the router to boot up.
- Connect the Linksys router to your system through a network cable.
- You must connect the router by accessing the link that says http://192.168.1.1/ and provides the default password of the router as admin.
- You can then alter the default password of the Linksys router from admin to some other secure password based on your preference.
- Ensure that you remember the new password without fail.
- After that, you must setup the wireless network once again and reconfigure the remaining settings as mentioned before.
- Go to Administration >> Backup Configuration menu and complete the backup process.
This is the simple step by step procedure to access the default password even if it doesn’t work properly. Here is the complete information about the Linksys WRT54G Default Password. Hope this article helped you in the best way to access your router and get the internet without any interruption. For more queries, you can post them in the comments section right below this article. We will reach you as soon as possible with precise solutions.