We have numerous models of router available in the market. One of the popular wireless router models is ZyXEL VSG-1432 VDSL2. If you are seeking to set up a wireless internet connection, you can make use of Wi-Fi configuration. By setting up the Wi-Fi configuration in a precise manner, the users can acquire wireless internet access with much ease. In this post, we have provided a detailed tutorial on how to set up wireless internet using Telus Wi-Fi configuration. Check it out!
How to Set up Telus Wi-Fi Configuration Login & Password?
Here is a step by step procedure to make Wi-Fi configuration settings using the login id and password provided below.
- First of all, open any browser on your PC and type 192.168.1.254 in the URL address bar space.
- You need to login by entering the default login credentials.
- In the username field, enter admin and in the password field, type ‘telus’.
- Just tap the OK button. You can then navigate to the Wireless tab displayed on the screen.
- Under the Wireless tab, you need to hit the sub-tab that says ‘Basic Wireless Setup’.
- In the empty field of Wireless Network Name [SSID], you need to type a new wireless network name.
- You need to enter the new password in the password field (if required).
- Then, hit ‘Apply’ button.
- Ensure that your PC has been connected to the router in the wired mode using an Ethernet cable whilst carrying out this task.
Find the Firmware Version
For Actiontec V1000H VDSL2 wireless router model, you need to find out the actual firmware version of the same. If you are on the version 31.30L.57, you can find a link that says ‘Forgot Password’ under the password field. If the version is 31.30L.55, you may not find ‘Forgot Password’ link within the password field. Just follow the below steps in order to find out the firmware version of your router:
Firmware Version 31.30L.57
- For this firmware version, you need to access a new browser window from your computer.
- Just type the IP address as 192.168.1.254 in the URL bar.
- You need to head over the login process by using the default username as ‘admin’.
- For this version, the default password is your wireless router’s Serial Number.
- You can find the serial number right on the sticker present at the base of the gateway.
For Firmware Version 31.30L.55
- Initially, open your browser and go to a new window.
- Enter the IP address 192.168.1.254 in the address bar of the window.
- You need to log in to the router set up page by entering default username and password in the respective fields.
- The username and password are ‘admin’ and ‘telus’.
- Hit the Login button and click on the ‘Wireless Setup’ tab.
- You can then hit the ‘Enable’ radio button so as to enable the wireless radio.
- By tapping the Enable button, you need to enable SSID Broadcast as well.
- Enter the network name as in the field of ‘SSID Name’.
- You need to pick the security type from the drop-down menu of Security.
- Choose the WPA type from the next drop-down field.
- Select the encryption type as AES from the drop-down menu.
- You need to tick the checkbox of security key type as default key.
- Lastly, hit the ‘Apply’ button after setting the whole wireless configurations.
How to Make Factory Reset?
You have successfully set the wireless network configuration settings on your device. Now, you can make factory reset and reboot process. If the default password procedure doesn’t work then, you can make a factory reset on the wireless router. It differs from one model of the router to another model.
Actiontec V1000H VDSL2
- Firstly, find the reset button which is present on the gateway beside the power button of the router.
- Using a pen or paper clip, just press and hold the reset button at least for 10 seconds.
- You can then release the reset button.
- The router will be rebooted successfully.
ZyXEL VSG-1432 VDSL2
- You can locate the reset switch appeared on the backside of the router.
- The users need to depress the reset switch for about 3 seconds.
- You can then view the alteration of the Ethernet LED lights turning into solid green.
- Reboot the router once again.
That’s it! This is the complete procedure to make wireless configuration settings to different models of the Telus Router.