There are certain websites that people don’t wish accessing them from their router or home Wi-Fi network. This situation arises mostly when there are kids at home who pay their interest extremely towards online games. In such a case, parents have a solution of blocking such gaming websites from their router.
Once you block websites then, the blockage might apply to all the devices using this network. If you want to block the websites only for specific devices then, there is a solution for that too. You don’t have to struggle much or spend massive amount for the network monitoring program.
Just by making specific router settings, you can easily block specific unwanted websites from your Wi-Fi network. There is also a possibility of blocking the websites by setting up a schedule. Here is a complete guide on how to block specific websites from being used with the router. Check it out!
Steps to Block Specific Websites via Router
- First of all, you need to open the browser from your PC or another wireless device which is connected to your Wi-Fi network.
- You can then visit the website http://www.routerlogin.net.
- In case, this particular router login doesn’t work then, you can try out the below sites.
- You will be asked to enter the username and password of your router.
- Just enter the default login details such as ‘admin’ and ‘password’ in the fields of username and password.
- If the above login credentials don’t work for you then, it indicates that you have changed the admin password sometime before.
- If you don’t remember the new password then, all you can do is to make a factory reset to bring back the router to its factory default settings.
- For more information about making a factory reset, check this article – 192.168.l.254 – 192.168.1.254 Router Login & Password Change.
- Once you enter the basic router settings page, you can navigate to Advanced >> Security >> Block Sites.
- You need to pick one of the keywords blocking options such as Never, Per Schedule and Always.
- The keyword blocking option ‘Per Schedule’ means turning on the keyword blocking as per the schedule settings.
- The option ‘Always’ means you are turning on the keyword blocking all the time irrespective of the schedule.
- Within the Keyword field, you need to enter any of the internet sites or keyword that you are thinking to block.
- Then, hit the option ‘Add Keyword’.
- You have successfully added the website or keyword to the keyword blocking list.
- Hit the Apply button and the keyword blocking will get applied on your device.
- From then, you can no more get access to open the blocked website from your Wi-Fi network on your router.
This is the simple procedure to block certain websites from being used on your home Wi-Fi network or router. For more details related to blocking unnecessary websites, you can drop your queries in the comments section below. We respond to your queries as soon as possible with an appropriate solution. Stay tuned to this website for more information.