The technology has developed in a drastic manner that people completely relied on the internet for handling each and every task. In the meantime, the usage of internet has become quite popular so as to explore for some minute thing in the world. The internet service providers are benefitting in the best way as people have started using their network for acquiring internet. There are different sources through which we can get from the internet. The users can either make of wireless internet or wired internet based on their usage.
In general, wireless internet regarded as the network through which the users can make use of the internet services. Some of them include Wi-Fi, mobile data, etc. In order to make use of the internet on the mobile device, the users need to use recharge their phone with some mobile data for their network. On the other hand, Wi-Fi is nothing but, connecting the wire to some router and acquiring access to the internet through a Wi-Fi connection.
The users need to set a password to their Wi-Fi connection so that no one could access their internet easily. Sometimes, you may forget your Wi-Fi password. In such a case, you need to get some assistance to find out your Wi-Fi password. In this post, we have come up with a detailed guide about the process of knowing Wi-Fi password. Check it out!
Methods to Find your Wi-Fi Password
Sometimes, it could happen that you might forget your Wi-Fi password. In such a case, you need to follow some methods to find out your Wi-Fi password. Check out the easy methods provided below in this post that helps the users to easily know the Wi-Fi password!
1. Reset Router
In order to find out your Wi-Fi password, you need to reset your router to which you have connected your broadband network wire connection. In order to reset your router, you need to log in into your router at first. You can then start resetting your wireless password if you forgot your password. The problem arises only if you don’t even know the password of your router.
In every router, you can see a reset button on the device. You can simply push it using a pen and hold it for some time. The router will then change the factory settings. You can check the password of the router and the Wi-Fi on the hardware device of your router. After resetting the password, you can change it to your preferred password and acquire access to the router.
2. Find Current Wi-Fi Password on Windows
The users of the internet can easily find out their Wi-Fi password on their Windows device. If you make use of the internet through a Wi-Fi network on your Windows device, the device will remember the network password. It is possible to find out the Wi-Fi password on any Windows device with much ease from Control Panel. Follow the simple steps below so as to find your Wi-Fi password.
- First of all, go to Network and Sharing Centre in Control Panel.
- You need to right click on the wireless network icon from the taskbar and hit ‘Open Network and Sharing Centre’ option.
- You need to right click on the name of the current Wi-Fi connection.
- From the list of options, you need to click on wireless properties button that appears in Wi-Fi status window.
- Hit the security tab and tick the checkbox of show characters.
- You can then see your concealed Wi-Fi password easily.
3. Know Wi-Fi Password in Windows 8 and 10
The Windows 10 is the latest operating system rolled out by Microsoft for all the Windows device users. If you are seeking to find out your Wi-Fi password on your Windows device, you need to check it on the command prompt. All you need to do is to make use of your command prompt and provide some commands to it.
- Firstly, go to the Start menu.
- You need to choose ‘Command Prompt’ on the menu and open it.
- Just type the command provided below:
- netsh wlan show profiles
- You will then get a list of Wi-Fi networks that you have previously accessed on your Windows device.
- In order to find the password of any profile, you need to type the following command:
- netsh wlan show profile name=profilename key=clear
- In Command Prompt, you can see Key Content in Security Settings.
- You can then find your Wi-Fi password for that particular network.
4. Find Wi-Fi Password on Windows 7
Here are the simple steps that help the users to find out the Wi-Fi Password on your Windows 7 device:
- First of all, click on Control Panel from the start menu.
- You need to click on ‘Manage wireless networks’ link that appears on the window on the left side of the screen.
- You can then get a list of all your old networks that you have already connected to your device.
- Just double tap on the network name so as to open the properties of that particular network.
- On the network properties window, you can click on the security tab so as to find your Wi-Fi password.
- You can then tap on the checkbox to reveal the network security key.
That’s all! This is the easy process to find out your Wi-Fi password on your Windows device. Here end the different ways that help the users to find their Wi-Fi password on their Windows PC or Laptop. Hope this guide has given you adequate information on how to know a password for a Wi-Fi network. For more doubts and queries, just ask us through the comments section.